Thursday, November 06, 2014

Schnitzel & Boo Mini Quilt Swap: Round Three

 You've waited...

...and waited...

...AND WAITED...

Guess what Quilter's of Awesome?

IT'S HERE!

 {storybook quilt made for me by Amanda of Westwood Acres}


The Third Round of the Schnitzel & Boo Mini Quilt Swap is finally here!

I've done some plotting and planning and brainstorming to make this one even bigger and better than our previous rounds.  We have sponsors and prizes, optional donations to various Animal/Humane services, printable quilt labels and discounts from a few of my favorite fabric shops and pattern designers and more coming in every day!

Let's start with a couple of the prizes, but only a couple because I want to keep the excitement going:

**a SIX MONTH subscription to Make Modern Magazine**

**A Brand New Pattern by Kelly Biscopink**

Discounts for swap participants have generously been offered by the following:



(more info coming soon)

And, this is really exciting, Patchwork Threads and I have teamed up to help out our four-legged, feathered and/or furry friends by creating a special Animal/Quilt themed T-Shirt for you:



20% of the profits from the sale of this very special shirt will go to the ASPCA.org 
ISN'T THAT AWESOME???  Thank you, Lindsay, for making this possible!

Now, most of you know how much my pets mean to me and what a softie I am for animals.  One of the goals of my career is to be able to open an animal rescue for misplaced, mistreated, unwanted, homeless animals.  It has been suggested to me that I charge people to participate in this swap, but for me it's not about making money.  This swap is all about making friendships and building community; breaking down walls and getting to know each other.  I am not interested in making a single cent off of any of you.  I am interested, however, in helping others.



So, here is my proposal:

Let's make a donation in our partners name.  I've had quilt labels designed for you by Ali Winston (Instagram user @a_2_w).  Feel free to print these off and use them for your quilts.  There is a place to write in your name and donation info (or not-there's an option to keep in anonymous, too!)  Be on the lookout for a separate post with these labels.  Ali will be guest blogging for me, and will be able to explain better how to print and use them.  Thank you, Ali!

Here is a list of shelters, rescues and charities that I love.  Donations are completely optional, and there is no pressure whatsoever to do it.  I just thought it would be a nice way for one community of friends to help another.  Take a look, if you have one that you love, please send me an email or contact me here so I can include the link.  Thanks!







****

One last change before I give you the sign up link.  This round will be EXCLUSIVE to Instagram users.  Since this is an Instagram based swap, I thought it would be best to keep it on that platform.  We have a Flickr group that is great for communicating and stalking, but most of our activity happens on IG.  If you DO NOT have an Instagram account, you WILL NOT be able to participate.  I have so many participants in this swap that it is extremely challenging to keep on top of it if everyone isn't in the same place.  I know this is a disappointment for some, but it's the way it needs to be.  Thank you so much for understanding!

Here's some of the important stuff to know:
1. You will be assigned a partner according to the answers you submit, so think carefully!
2. Be sure to give as much information as possible so your swap is a happy success.
3. Quilts can be as small as 6"x6" and as big as 24"x24".
4. This is a secret swap, give us sneak peeks or even full views, but don't tag your partner!
5. Due dates to have your mini quilt in the mail is Friday, January 16, 2015.  This gives you two plus months to get through the holidays, finish up your WIP's, clear your cutting table off and stock your shelves.
6. Because the ship-by date is so far off, and this is a secret swap, please make every effort to send your swap by January 16 for International Swappers and January 23 for Local Swappers.
7. Come join the Flickr group to share all of your pictures, gather ideas and meet up with new and current friends.
8. Use the hashtag #schnitzelandboominiquiltswap and #makeaquiltmakeafriend to check out what everyone else is doing. These are the exact same hashtags that we used during the first round, let's keep it going!
9. Feel free to send goodies with your Quilts, if you want.  It is nice, but NOT necessary, so don't feel obligated to do so and don't feel bad if you don't. 
10.  YOU MUST HAVE AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!
11. Have fun!
12. Upon receipt of your Swap Package, PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE take the time to post in on IG, say thank you and send your partner an email.  This is ESSENTIAL!

Please keep in mind that this swap is open to ALL SKILL LEVELS.  You may not get something that equals your own skills, so please be thoughtful (and gentle!) when receiving.  Send something that you are proud of and would be proud to display on your own wall. 

For more information on how this works, click here:

Are you ready to sign up?

Well then, here you go...


Now, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight!  Erm, I mean, give me a little time to organize.  Because I don't set a limit on the number of participants, the partnering up process can take a week or so.  HANG TIGHT!


 Happy swapping!
-Kristi-



16 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kristi, for hosting another round of awesomeness! I am thrilled to participate this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. since I missed out on the other two I just have to join in this one ! love your idea for donations to animal shelters - can I donate to the australian RSPCA ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Feel free to donate to any shelter or rescue that you want! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Love this swap and I am so glad that I accidentally got paired with myself last time so that means that I had all my answers saved. my husband and i do charity fundraisers for huaine society in our are and one of my dear friends opperates an animal rescue -- you'd love her, she's on IG as @angelshoperescue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there guidelines for fabrics? Or patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this! I'm very excited for my first round, I was kind of sick with jealousy seeing all the photos of the previous. LOVE the animal aspect to this, we rescue our dogs and heavily support this so I'll definitely take part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I can't wait :) my first quilt swap! Looks like so much fun! Looking forward to joining :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first and I can't wait. I was so envious of all the fun last time around and I swore I wouldn't miss it again. Thank you so much for all your work organizing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to join in for the first time. And I love your encouragement to donate to shelters, a cause very dear to my heart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thrilled I can be a party of this swap this time around!!! Thanks Kristi for organizing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea! Our Wilbur is a rescue and we always try to help his shelter when we can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up but haven't yet received my partner information. am I just being impatient?�� thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any plans for another round? I've been seeing all the beautiful work on IG and I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete