Sunday, October 12, 2014

Book Review: Mollie Makes "Weddings"

Wanna know what happened on March 11, 2008? Here's a hint:


Yep. We got married. On a Tuesday evening in downtown Seattle in March and it was the best day of my life (you know, until our daughter was born the following year.) I knew even before he got down on one knee (and never really asked the question) that our wedding was going to be unique. We didn't want any of our guests to feel like they were attending yet another same ol' wedding/different couple kind of shindig, so we set out to make lots of personalized touches and unusual choices. I wish I had photos to show you, but I'm limited to what I've got here (remember that our belongings are still I storage in Seattle and we're in Atlanta). 

{this is the groomscake that my sister made! Isn't it the coolest?}

Anyway, since then, I've discovered Etsy and have noticed that more and more couples who are getting married have also chosen the stand out route. No more homogenized weddings! 


Mollie Makes has come up with a very useful, totally adorable book on exactly that: making your wedding as stylish and creative as you are whether you are good at paper crafts, sewing, stitching or stamping. 

Inside, you will find 95 pages of inspiration and good ideas separated into four categories.

 Handmade Invites (which is something we did):
{stitched paper save-the-day garland}

 Bouquets and Flowers (holy cow-instructions on how to make a button stem bridal bouquet):
{painted glass flower display}

Wedding Favors:
{felt appliqué ring pillow}

 and Table Decorations:
{felt cutwork lantern wraps}

Even if you're not getting married or you're long past the I-Do's and honeymoon, I think this book is essential for any crafters library. Just because it says "Weddings" doesn't mean you can't adapt it to any other life event. How about those felt cutwork lanterns? Perfect for a birthday party or Independence Day BBQ, right? 

I kinda wish this book was out on March 18, 2007 (you know, the day after we got engaged/the day I started planning our wedding haha). Hey-maybe you know a crafty bride-to-be? I bet she'd love to receive a copy of this book!

And now, one last picture of our wedding day 'cause I'm feeling all nostalgic...


Happy crafting!
-Kristi-

No comments:

Post a Comment