Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mini Quilt Swap Is Under Way!


Partner information has been sent!
Actually, it's been sent twice (and in a few cases, so far, it's been sent three times...I still have to figure that mess out!) There has been a mass of questions and concerns already, so that's what this blog post will be about.  Make sure to pin it so you don't have to come back and search through my posts to find it.  Ready to clear some things up?  Here we go:

1. My Partner is "Private" on Instagram!
The thing is, they are a part of the swap and are probably now fully aware that they'll be getting a ton of friend requests starting today. You won't be the only one to send a request, so this shouldn't send the "HEY LOOK IT'S ME YOUR PARTNER!" message.  Go ahead and send him or her a request :)

2. That's great, but still...
If you aren't getting enough clues from their various social media outlets, please send YOUR MOD (not me, unless I am your Mod) an email or Instagram direct message to see if they can go sleuthing for you.  We want this to be fun for you!  I know it's not as much fun when your person isn't anywhere to be seen.  We'll figure it out together, ok?

3. Help!  I was assigned myself!
People who checked the box indicating that they did not want to ship outside their own country received at least two partner info emails: one that assigned themselves as their partner and the second with the correct information.  I have received a note from about four other people that said they even got a third email with different info.  If you also received a third message PLEASE CONTACT ME!  It is an easy fix, but in order for everyone to receive a Mini, I need to make sure that all of the information out there is correct.

4. Is this a secret swap?
YES!  DO NOT TELL YOUR PERSON THAT YOU'RE THEIR PARTNER! This is a secret swap, that's what makes it so much fun to be a part of!  That's half the reason that non-participants want to be a part of it.  We have so much fun stalking and watching and showing off our sneak peeks.  We love pouring over the hashtags, coveting all the lovely Mini's. 

5. So then does the person I get have me back as a partner?
No.  Chances are, whoever you are creating for is NOT who is creating for you.

6. Do I HAVE to post my pictures and use that silly hashtag?
Well, no, you don't but that is 3/4 of the fun of this particular swap.  We have almost two months to create the best thing ever for our person.  Participants and non-participants alike flock to those two hashtags.  Use 'em!  Show off your work!

7.  I can just email you if I need something, right?
Uh, well...as much as I'd love to be there for all of you, 600 people is a heck of a lot.  At the bottom of your swap info email is the name of your moderator.  This is the person that will help you out if you need it, hound you if you're lacking in posts and hunt you down if you fail to send.  Well, ok they won't hunt you down, but they will assign an Angel to your person so please be sure to communicate your needs!  I cannot stress that enough! You may contact your Mod via direct message on IG or via email.  I suggest the DM first and then email.

*****

If I haven't answered your questions, please leave a comment here so I can address it in a new blog post. There will be other kinks to work out, so please be sure to talk to your Mods, join the Flickr group-we always have a discussion or twelve going on, or use one of the hashtags on IG to address your fellow swappers.

Thank you everyone for all of your support, thanks and kind words.  This is, indeed, an awful lot of work but nothing that can't be handled.  Especially without the help of Theresa!  Say hello and thanks to @theresachilds on IG when you get a chance!  And all of our Mods too: Becky, Katherine, Karri, Trashalou, Megan, Jennifer, and of course, our floater Mod aka "The Turd" Andrea.  I'm just teasing her.  She loves it.  ;)

Keep your eyes peeled for a cool new blog post with all the fancy stats about this second round! Click here for the beginning stats of the first round.

Happy Stalking!
-Kristi-

PS If you haven't already done so, please follow me here on the blog.  I would love that.  You will love that.  I have cool stuff planned, plus I've been writing tutorials for Anna Griffin and will be hosting some giveaways and such.  Thanks!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all your hard work and for posting these FAQs! I am so excited about this swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I plan to host more of these, my goal is two a year. :) Thank you for being a part of it!

      Delete
  2. thanks so much for hosting -- this surely going to be a great swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a suggestion. I think that everyone that utilizes Flickr or IG should make some sort of a mosaic showing things (designs, color combos, etc) that they would love to have sewn for them. In other swaps I've participated in it has been extremely helpful for me to find inspiration from the mosaics. I am going to make one and post it on flickr as well as IG and suggest on mine that other people do the same. I want my Partner to know what I like and I'm sure the person I'm making for wants the same. Maybe u could make a suggestion for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR awesome! Thanks for putting this together for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering, I signed up for the swap but haven't yet received an email... does that mean something went wrong and I missed out :( ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we talked on IG, but for formality's sake, I'm responding here too. You'll have an email by the end of the day, you'll probably have to fill out the questions again.

      Delete
  6. Hi! I haven't received an email yet-- is it too late?

    stephanieharms@live.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting you figured out, ok? You'll have an email by the end of the day, you might need to refill out the form, though. :) We'll get you in!

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for all your hard work. This is like Christmas in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really understand your answer to question 1 regarding following your partner. If they posted their ig on the Flickr group, then sure, they might be getting friend requests. If not, why would they be getting friend requests? Wouldn't the only person with their ig name be their partner, and then wouldn't following them give that away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily. That's part of the reason we are using hashtags, especially "#makeaquiltmakeafriend". Swappers browse the hashtags, which can be seen regardless if the person is private/blocked or not, and then follow as they like. If the person is marked private, but is using one of our hashtags, those photos tagged will still be seen and enjoyed by everyone in the Swap. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  9. same issue as the 2 ladies above, I know I registered but cannot find any info by email. I really want to do this, looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still missing your info? I *might* have seen something come from you in my email this morning, is that correct? If you still need info, please contact either myself (@schnitzelandboo) or Theresa (@theresachilds) on Instagram. If you're not an IG user, use the "Contact Me" page here. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. So bummed I missed out on this :-( . I've never done a swap and I'd love to be in on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm bummed I missed it too! Now following the (fabulous) blog and dreaming of mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Kristi - I have seen this pop up a few times on Instagram and I want in! It's probably too late to get in but I would love to know next time you do this.

    ReplyDelete