Saturday, May 17, 2014

Catching Up On Bee Blocks

Recently I've been trying to play catch up on all the things on my never-ending to-do list. (Which is probably why I've been a blog posting fool lately, right?)  At the top of my list is was catching up on my Bee Blocks.  I belong to three Bees, but only had time for two of them today.



One of the blocks I made today was for Becky aka "Sarcastic Quilter" for our Stitch That Stash Bee.  She requested an improv herringbone quilt block.  The tutorial can be found here:


This picture has true daylight color, so much prettier than the way it looks below.

the finished block, in poor lighting.  

This is my second year in Stitch That Stash.  Our roster includes some returns from last year and a few new faces.  Meet our crew:
Krista of Krista Stitched
Mary of Fairly Merry
Monique of Sew Fun by Monique
Betty of Sew Betty Jane

*****************



A few days ago I finished Cat's house block for the Wee Bee.  I love how this one turned out, I decided to add lots of little personal touches to the block to make it represent me. Her block request was simple: it could be paper pieced, appliqued, patchwork etc.  
Anything as long as we could personalize it:


I added in the two dachshunds, naturally, one for Fenway Frank and one for Schnitzel McPoo:


Of course, the hula hooping redhead could represent either me or Roo, so she had to be on it, too.  Then there's the flower and the guitar (I'm a sucker for country music and I LOVE flowers):


Yep, I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out.


You can follow this group and Bee-along with us if you like, we have a pretty awesome roster:
Cat of Cat & Vee
Kristy of Quiet Play
Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy

We have a little ol' Flickr group that you can join.  We're a busy bunch of bees, so we don't always have a lot to say.  But, we'd love to share our blocks with you!

*************



I also whipped up two Churn Dash blocks for a friend of a friend who had the most awful thing happen to her.  I'm not sure I'm allowed to say what, but know that when the call for love and support went out, we all accepted.  I love being a part of a comfort quilt, and this time was no exception:
 


************

Lastly, I wanted to show off a gift that one of my very best friends made just for me.  He's the most talented woodworker and he put together a quilt crate for me.  Originally I was going to use it to hold all of my fat quarter's, but then I decided that I would use it for my finished blocks (all of the above, for example) and my Quilt-Tops-In-Waiting:

 I'm thinking he'd be happy to make one for you too, all you have to do is ask!

Happy Quilting!
-Kristi-

No comments:

Post a Comment