Sunday, July 01, 2012

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies




Over the years I have perfected the method for making the best chocolate chip cookies.  I know, I know...that's quite a bold statement.  But just listen: these never come out flat, they never spread out and they don't get crunchy.  They're perfectly golden brown, fluffy and chewy in the center and ever-so-slightly crisp on the edges.  Absolute perfection!  (And pretty darn tasty dough! Although, please don't tell my sister because she hates when I eat raw cookie dough.) 


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 sticks salted butter, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
12 ounces mini-chocolate chips

What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Combine flour and baking soda in a medium sized bowl and set aside.

In the bowl of your mixer, add brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla and butter.


Blend on low speed just until butter is broken up:

It looks weird and goes against every other recipe's instructions, but just trust me.
Add both eggs:



Combine until this is barely blended.  It'll be slimy and chunky and really gross looking, but I swear it'll be fine.

Looks a bit oogie, right?
Now add the flour mixture about a half a cup at a time:



Until it's all blended nice and smooth:
 
 
See?  No butter chunks, perfectly blended, nice and firm!

Now, add your chocolate chips:


Mix until well combined.  I usually put my chocolate chips in the freezer for a few hours before mixing them in the dough.  Otherwise, they break up and clump in the dough and that's no good!

Don't you wish you could stick your spoon in and get a bite?
Place rounded teaspoonfulls on a cookie sheet about 2" apart and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a rack to cool.


Now, go!  Bake cookies for the masses!  Your friends will want the recipe so be sure to send them this way, okay?  Happy baking!

-Kristi-

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad! Thanks very much for stopping by, I hope you love the cookies!

    ReplyDelete