Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin-Pecan Muffins

This morning I woke up with the need to make a batch of muffins.  Since I had just made blueberry muffins and I had a container of my own home-grown, home-canned pureed pumpkin in the fridge, I decided that today was just the right sort of day for something Fall-ish.  So, I made pumpkin muffins.  And because I had some extra pecans in the freezer, I added a handful of those too.  Not only were they super soft, moist and delicious, but they also made the house smell wonderful!  I hope you give them a try and that your family likes them as much as mine did.

-Enjoy!
Kristi

PS Did I mention that this is my own recipe?




Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Makes 1 1/2 dozen

Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (if using fresh pumpkin, omit water)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided

           Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar,  brown sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water, if using abd vanilla. 
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt in a seperate bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. 
  3. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
     4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400*.

No comments:

Post a Comment