Saturday, March 19, 2016

In Progress: Espadrilles

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get to these! Wait, no. That's not exactly true, I know exactly why it's taken me so long, I've been SO DARN BUSY making dolls, teaching, working, sewing bags and quilts, learning new computer programs and being a mom, wife and responsible pet owner. Dritz Sewing Company was kind enough to send a package of their (at the time) yet to be released espadrilles with all the necessary supplies to make them. 


For some reason, I just had it in my head that these were going to be way more complicated than I had time for. Was I ever wrong! 

I used leftover scraps from Roo's Clara Top (by Violette Field Threads, of course), remember it?


I had a little time to start the project at work one day. In about an hour and a half, I had my pieces cut, pressed, interfaced and stitched.


After work, I sat down for about 15 minutes and put them together.


All I have left is the hand stitching.


Aren't they the coolest so far?! Who knew you could make shoes? 

I'll post a new picture when they're totally finished. I'll be teaching this class at Sew Main Street in Woodstock, GA so stay tuned for that info!

Happy sewing!
-Kristi

PS the funny thing is these shoes are two sizes too big for Roo, but so is that top. By the time she can fit one, maybe she'll fit the other, too!



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I'll have to check out the Dritz supplies, these would be great in a beachy print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I'd love to make a pair, they would look nice in a beachy or nautical print for summer!

    ReplyDelete