Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Few Finishes and Goals

I just finished my second pattern test for my friend Caroline if Nightingale Quilts. This new pattern is called Celestial Cascade and I LOVE it! For the background, I used Kona Cotton in Oyster, the rest is from my stash. I love the way Caroline writes her patterns. They seem like they would be difficult, but she breaks them down in a way that makes it very simple. Small, chewable, doable bites. This pattern is yet to be released, and I'll be sure to let you all know when it's coming out. 

This quilt is going to be a gift, I'm definitely going to make it again, maybe next time I'll try it in white and red or gold.
{Celestial Cascade by Nightingale Quilts}

I whipped up two fast and simple personalized pillowcases for my husband as a Valentine's Day. I took notes and lots of pictures so I can show you how I did it, maybe next week?
{shown without personalization}


When I have a few extra minutes, I'll be starting my next quilt project, a pixel Schnitzel. My friend Andi of YouPatch, created a pattern for me of my first "baby". I posted this picture on Facebook and before I knew it, I had a quilt pattern!


I also finished stuffing, whip-stitching and attaching the button-jointed arms on all 47 dolls I've been working on. That's exciting!

Eventually, they'll look more like this one:

To break up the monotony (mutiny??) of the dolls, I put together another rope bowl and a zippered pouch, both of which were gifts for my dear friend Elizabeth.


When the dolls are off my plate, I'll be working on a few new patterns, a Clara  Top and a Maisie Dress, both by Violette Fields Threads, for Roo and of course more quilts! 

Happy Sewing!
-Kristi

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that pattern. Please do let us know when it is ready to go! :) The dolls are adorable! I can't wait for my daughter to have a little girl. (We have a boy so far, but fingers crossed for a girl one day lol).
    You are so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me the doll pattern - i've been looking for one for my daughter and I to make together this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!
      The doll pattern is my own, and once it is digitized, I'll be ready to share it with the world. I'll be sure to post about it here and Instagram. Thanks!
      Kristi

      Delete
  3. Will you be selling these 47 dolls? They are adorable! ~karen

    ReplyDelete