Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Betsy Travel Bag Reveal

You've waited so patiently...I know I said "tomorrow" like, a week ago, but some cool stuff has happened and I had to take care of that first. Now that I've got it under wraps, here is The Betsy Travel Bag!


Now, you might remember from two or three posts ago that I made the pictured bag for my friend Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy, hence the name "The Betsy Travel Bag". She was so excited about receiving this bag that she immediately blogged about it. (This is the part where I have to explain that if I had actual, proper internet I would have linked to that particular post. But, since I am blogging from the otherwise awesome Blogger app from my phone, you'll just have to go sleuthing.) This is E's picture that she texted to me shortly after opening her package:
Essex linen handles, bottom, side pockets and corner accents, Melody Miller arrows in mint (E's favorite color at the moment) and LOTS of pockets.


The side pockets are the same on both sides: a zippered pocket, small pocket and a large pocket. 

The back of the bag has yet another pocket, this time it's one of those between-the-lining-and-the-exterior types; perfect for stashing your wallet, airline ticket, Sky Mall catalog, rental car agreement etc. 

The inside. Nice and roomy with only one large pocket (magazines maybe?) and a zippered pocket (laptop?). I purposely left it otherwise pocketless so the user could feel free to stuff it full without worry of having to pull out their unders in order to get to their keys, novel, gum etc. There is also a key fob on the inside! Now you know where to put your house keys when you're traveling! 

This bag isn't stiff or super heavily interfaced. I travel quite a bit and have to stuff my bag at my feet in a plane or squash it into an oddly shaped space in the trunk of a car. A crisp, squarish bag isn't so easily shoved into these kinds of scenarios. 


Finally, the front detail. Two accordian pockets with D-Ring strap closures for good looks. The carry handles and extra generous strap make shoulder carrying or toting along with your wheeled suitcase super easy. 

I'm really excited about this pattern. I am looking forward to finalizing the details and instructions and then watching all of you create something from it!

I love this detail!

Happy sewing!
-Kristi-

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I think there will be a lot of versions popping up at the Austin airport come February. :D Mine included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved every inch of this bag!! It's sooooo well-planned and gorgeous!!

    I've tried to like the blogger app, but I find that my pictures are always a bit out of focus. :-(. Even if they look great on my laptop, they're still fuzzy through the app. :-(. I'm glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also love every inch of it! I'm excited to clear off my big list a little bit so I can make my own. :) I'm glad the app works for me too, especially because it's my only option for blogging right now! Ack!

      Delete
  3. That bag looks so cool. I can't wait to make it! I love the side pockets especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag - you have really thought about what you want in a bag and made it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a compliment that my hard work was noticed :)

      Delete