Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Ooh, a fancy bloggy button!

schniztel & boo Mini Quilt Swap, round 1

Hey check it out!  ^^ a button for your blog!

Thank you to my friend and Stitch That Stash Bee mate, Kristan for helping me put that together!  I am a hopeless wreck with computer stuff, and she, obviously, is not.  At the bottom of this post is the button with all that garbledy gook stuff for you to copy and paste into that part of your blog where it belongs.  I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about, right?  Riiiiiight.

So, guess what?  When the Mini Quilt sign-ups officially ended on September 25, it closed with 161 (162 if you count me) people in it!  WOW!  I never dreamed it would be so big!  I thought maaaaybe 20-25 people would be interested enough to sign up? Boy was I wrong!  And since the close of sign-ups, I've had an additional 15 people put their name on a list!  I decided to just go ahead and add them to the mix as well!  We'll be about 180 members strong.  I am amazed and humbled by your enthusiasm and eagerness to be a part of what started out as a middle-of-the-night thought about covering my ugly walls. 



We even have prize givers!  There is a new kid in town!  Have you all met Quilty Box?  For less than a price of a jelly roll, you can be sent a monthly subscription of quilty goodies.  How cool is that?  Just for participating in (and completing) the swap, you are entered into a random drawing to win November's box!  Awesome! Keep an eye out here for an interview with Tabatha, the genius behind this idea.


One of my favorite IG peeps, Kerry Goulder (kidgiddy) just wrote the CUTEST book, Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love, and someone is going to win a copy.  I am so excited about this book, and I know you will be too.  There are so many adorable projects in it, my favorite is the lobster.  A lobster!  You have got to get this book.  More on Kerry soon, too.


And lastly, a third prize from me, not nearly as cool as Kerry and Tabatha's, but a prize nonetheless.  Someone is going to receive a mini quilt from me, yay!  No picture yet, but that's ok, it gives us just one more thing to look forward to here, right?

Now that everyone (besides my last minute sign-ups from tonight) has been assigned a SECRET partner, we need to start the mad dash of stalking each other on Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest etc.  Please feel free to leave your name here along with your social media name for your partner.  Some of you are hard to find (or so I'm hearing via email from your partner).  If we could make it easy for your person to see what you like, that would be fantastic!  There is a thread on the Flickr group for this very thing. PLEASE visit the thread and say hello!

That's about it for now.  I will be back tomorrow or the next day with that promised suggested guidelines/ideas etc post.  My butt hasn't yet made a full recovery from the four day sit-down with the computer and ALL THOSE EMAILS!  It's still numb.  Yep, pins-and-needles, that's my butt.

Happy Stalking!
-Kristi-

PS...don't forget to grab our Swap button! Let everyone know you're a participant!
 
schniztel & boo Mini Quilt Swap, round 1

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! Except about the pins and needles. LOL! Sorry. :-( For those reading this, I'm Karen O'Connor aka @ladykquilts (IG), @PlanetbookLadyK (Twitter), Lady K's Craft Room (Flickr) and last but not least, http://ladykscraftroom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I'm so excited! Comcast is "upgrading" today so I'm stuck waiting for them to get internet back on before I can do quilty awesomeness over at Quilty Box. Whoever got me, btw, I'm Tabatha Martinez @quiltybox on all social media. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get an e-mail. Did you assign someone to me? Lisa Nelson @ lnelson@r-and-z.com

    I am really looking forward to this swap! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO GLAD YOU CAME BACK TO CHECK! Your email bounced back to me, so I put out an IG/Flickr pic for help finding you because your name wasn't coming up on IG. YES! I have a person for you. I need an alternate email address because the r-and-z one didn't work. Will you send me an email to schnitzelboo@yahoo.com please? Thank you so much, oh I am so relieved!!

      Delete
  4. HI I am Martha Cavazos Fipps.... Sew Green on Flickr & Instragram. Blog is MCSQRD.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete