Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Resolutions, of course!

Just a girl and her Guy the Giraffe


We went snowboarding today.  Guy the Giraffe went with us, here he is having a conversation with his most favorite person in the whole wide world about what to have for breakfast.  Apparently he adamantly refused to share Roo's cheese omelet and he did not want pancakes.  No matter, Roo was able to order her own meal and Daddy was nice enough to share his French Toast with Guy.  Whew!  Crisis averted!  Thanks, Daddy-O!



 The drive was beautiful, especially because I was a passenger for once.  I got to sit in the backseat with Roo and hold her hand as we watched the world go by.  She kept asking me when we would be there, and I told her "As soon as we start seeing snow on the hills, you'll know that we're getting close."  Little did I know that there was snow to be seen almost immediately.

Mt. Si, just outside of North Bend, WA.
She was so excited when we finally got there!  We went to the lodge to buy our tickets and then headed back to the car to get dressed.


We gave her the snowboard for Christmas last year, when she was a month shy of being three years old, but this was the first time she had been up to the mountain with it.  She rode it last year in the neighborhood when it snowed eight inches, so she had an idea of what she was in for.  

Magic Carpet!
She did really well riding the Magic Carpet for the very first time, she giggled and laughed all the way up.  There were a lot of little kids on skis, but she was by far the littlest and youngest on a snowboard.  Isn't she cute?


She was able to ride about 10-15 feet without holding our hands and she got the hang of riding both her toe edge and her heel edge.  She seemed to lack the confidence to start on her own, but I think that in a very short amount of time she will be shredding the slopes without thinking twice.


After a few hours of learning, we decided that it was time to get some hot chocolate and head home.


Spending the day with my little family was a perfect way to start the new year.  I hope to make this year even better than last year (holy cow, I can't even believe I'm saying last year in reference to 2012!!)  I have made my resolutions, but would prefer to call them goals.  There are the usual goals: lose weight, get in shape, eat better, quit drinking soda and drink more water...  But then there are my personal goals: be more patient, stop swearing, complete the tasks in my "One Good Deed A Day" journal (and then blog about it on a daily basis) complete two patterns a month, learn a new quilt block every day-although this might become a weekly challenge, add more designer fabric to my stash and create more. 

Most of these things are goals to drive me to be a better person, which I feel will in turn make me a better mother, wife, friend and business owner.  I realize that my daughter is my biggest fan, she looks up to me and I want to be the right example for her.  I see my flaws and I can accept the ones I cannot change.  I cannot accept the ones that I can and WILL change.



So, I leave you for now with this challenge: what will YOU change? 

Here's to a very blessed New Year to all of you.

-Kristi-

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. That Roo in her pink pants - adorable. I am inspired to set my own goals. I like the good deed a day, especially.

    ReplyDelete