Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Review: BurdaStyle modern sewing Wardrobe Essentials

Congrats to "PurduePam" for being drawn as the winner! Send me an email with your address so I can ship your book. Schnitzelboo@yahoo.com


*****UPDATE*****
need to draw a name for the book still, I have had some unexpected things happen and I just haven't had the time to do it.  Hang tight!  I thin I'm doing it tomorrow.  Thank you for your patience!
-Kristi
*****

If you are a seamstress, you probably know about Burda, makers of sewing patterns for the non-conformist, host of an amazing online sewing community, producers of a gorgeous magazine, and recently...books! Let's take a look at the newest one, shall we?

{BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials (Interweave/F+W; $29.99; On sale now!)}

The thing I LOVE about Burda is that their sewing patterns are designed for what's on trend today and they're always up-to-date. You're not going to flip through this book and see yet another "same ol' same ol', I've seen this a thousand times" kind of sewing pattern. Even the fabrics they use are different. I love that. I LOVE finding an unique brand out there. 

Inside this book, you'll find several beautiful projects from skirts to dresses:


{I can't wait for summer! Look at those!}

Pants:


{I want pants that make my legs look this long!}

Blouses:


{and another cute skirt to go with it!}

Wardrobe Essentials is full of helpful hints and tips so you can get the fit just right. 



They've even got three sizing charts for regular, petite and tall sizes. They really are trying to help you create a beautiful custom, properly fitted wardrobe.



All of the patterns are printed on a nice, heavy-weight paper (way better than tissue paper patterns, and so much easier to fold and put back!) and have their own little envelope in the back of the book. Organization is the key to a successful project, right?



If I had my serger here (and not in my storage unit in Seattle, sigh!) I would totally hog this book all to my selfish self. But, my sob story is your gain and I'm going to give this copy away! If you'd like to win, simply leave a comment here, telling me what one garment sewing skill you'd let to learn or enhance. Bonus entry if you follow my blog via Bloglovin' (clickable sidebar ad on the right). Just let me know, in your comment, that you've followed. 

I will do a good, old-fashioned drawing on March 12. Winner to be announced right here so stay tuned!

Happy reading!
-Kristi

27 comments:

  1. I would love to learn how to sew skirts for myself. I'm plus sized and have a big ol' booty to go with it so off the rack is a challenge! Thanks for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi! I'm following you and would love to win this because I know absolutely nothing about sewing clothes!!! Quilting is my thing but I really want to makes some wardrobe items ... skirts to start! I've only made Halloween costumes 😂😂 thanks for the chance! xx @chelengeorge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just venturing into sewing clothing for myself, so the biggest thing for me is learning how to adjust a pattern to fit my body. Putting garments together is (fairly) easy for me. But if the fit is off I have no clue how to tailor it to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Properly fitting pants! This book would be the answer? Thanks for the chance, I'm following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to learn how to sew nicely fitted tops. Since having kids, I can never find tips that hang attractively. If I could just MAKE some...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to master blouse makng....with button holes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to have the courage to make a properly-fitting dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, I follow your blog on bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to master adding collars neatly. My last one was a mess!! Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make a nice properly fitting pants

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, would like to make a pair of pants that fit - no gapping in the back and no short crotch or tight hips, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I follow you, but with feed wrangler instead of blog lovin'. It's the price I pay, being married to a techy who thinks his ways are superior to my own meager skills. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to learn how to sew jeans that don't look homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to learn more about making pattern adjustments to fit me

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow you with feedly - does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to sew zippers properly! I'm love your blog and Bloglovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to hide my zippers! I'm Bloglovin' ya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to get better at knowing how to alter a bust dart so that it fits me best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am working on sewing garments wiyh very few pins. Letting my feed dogs do the work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam! You were the winner! Please email me with your mailing address so I can ship you your new book. Congratulations!
      Schnitzelboo@yahoo.com

      Delete
  20. I am learning to see with no pins. Letting the feed dogs so the work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am learning to sew garments with very few pins. Letting the feed dogs do the work

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heading over to add this to my Amazon as wishlist soon as I heard the word petite! I'd love to know how to get clothes to fit, I'm 5 foot but like my chocolate 😊

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a follower via Feedly too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am working on learning to sew without pins. Letting the feeddogs do the work

    ReplyDelete